Custom Search

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Dard-e-dastan...32 se 36 tak..!!

To put an end to any apprehensions,conclusion,errors in judgment or whatever one would make upon reading the topic, the figures deal with my waist line and my horrific trail through it.
My story of my waist line has been much like a sinusoidal curve which has seen extreme ups and lows.It all started some countable number of years back which i do not want to remember and count right now(sheer laziness and y d hell should i..lol).My parents and my neighbors found a rare prodigy in me when i emerged a topper in class 10th, putting an end to the reign of my closest friend's era, who had occupied the coveted position as early as Upper Kinder gardens till my pre-board exams.For me the results came out of blue, left me dazed for the next 2 yrs when i made the most of time and did everything(well..yeah plz consider the age then and then decide its meaning)apart from studying religiously and fared badly in my 12th.The results came as a utter shock to my expectant parents(they expected me to do really well..!!!)..The sheer frustration of under performing and not reaching the standards started the 1st upwardly movement of my waist line.
The next 1 yr saw a an increment in the curve exponentially and my trousers had to bear the brunt.An year long stay brought an extra layer of fat with a complimentary offer of weight rise.By the end of year when i was all set for a college admission, i weighed a whopping 75 kgs with a waist line of 36 inches and looked way aged than i was.Worse still, i sported a mustache riding the 'manhood' concept i had heard from the childhood.
The curve had reached it maxima when a few factors started acting as a differential which brought a sharp decline in weight which affected my waist line too.The college was situated in hard-core tamil land which boasted of idlis,wadas,uthapams and dosais but all of the south-indian flavor.The daily dose of dosais, attus and what not took its toll on me finally and i was admitted in hospital after a viral fever.The end of fever saw me loosing some 7kgs and by the time i reached home, i weighed a mere 65 kgs and had lost a waist line of almost 2 inches.Best part, i got rid of my manhood..oops sorry my mustache.Contrary to my earlier belief i still looked and was manly...lol.
The next 3 years in college saw a certain improvisation in food but could not help my weight or waist line either.Even a tailor gave me a smirk when i approached him with a request to reduce my waist size.Even the placements were of no respite and i attained a stagnant phase when everything in life was stand still.
History has a notorious habit of repeating itself unless one does something about it.I jacked my ass at home for 5 months at home after college awaiting a call from the company i was recruited in.Home made food ,daily dose of TV soaps and regular sleep of 8-10 hrs helped when the curve zoomed in an upward fashion and moved as expected on the sinusoidal curve.
Earning money helped the cause further and 8-10 hrs of office where my movement was restricted to a mere 100 meters was slicing on the cake.An year and half later, the other half of mine i.e. my consciousness fails to recognize me and at times disown me in my worst nightmares all owing to the flabby fats all around me.My several attempts to cast off the fat have failed and off late i resort to several weird means to loosing some out of me.
Even a renaissance of my outrageous gain of weight in the past 2 yrs bring me goose bumps.Though the above narration may not be a tear-jerker but a sight of my pic taken 2 years back does bring sweat across my fore-head..God..!! how did i do this..!!

The narration is a truth with intended pun..!!

No comments: