Custom Search

Friday, April 25, 2008

an account of my college life : part 1

I remember it quite well...still hav d vivid memories of my dad utterin a phrase rite before i was to be admitted to an engg. coll....he said "college me hi to knowledge milta hai (in coll u get d knowledge...)....dad bein elder to me , guess dis phrase came in from his coll life experience....perplexed n partially palled by enterin a whole new arena i din giv it a thot..however, 4 yrs after i feel goosebumps wen i recollect my experience at coll...a mixed bunch of happy moments to times wen felt totally disgusted n low....times of celebration to times wen found noone closeby....dis blog of mine goes to my 4 yrs at coll....guess dealin wid 4 yrs in a go in a single blog would make it long n probaly unreadable too....so 'll be dealin wid 2 yrs at a time....its d 1st 2 yrs n d last 2 yrs dat did had a prominent difference....somethin which made me completely different from wat i was at d start of d coll..so here's my happiest days....!!!
M very sorry but wen dates r concerned m totally forgetful....i made my way to tanjore in tamil nadu after spedin 2 days(man...it was my 1st time n i was really left high n dry at d end of s journey....) in train....somehow reached trichy around noon...at temperatures soarin as high as 38-39 degrees n heavy luggages our crusade was partially marred....v(me n my dad) decided to hav our lunch at some small near d station as v were dead tired....n hello...!!! v were greeted by alien parathas...( neither similar in shape n nor in taste...yuk..!!! it tasted awful..)..reached coll n completed d formalities...i was alloted my hostel room wid two hyderabadi guys...met a guys parent n d 1st thing he adviced me wen he heard of my native place was to live wid peace n harmony..guess dere's somethin to do wid originating from Bihar....u earn urself a tagline of bein rude,arrogant,destructive u a trouble maker...however dat advice did'nt deter me n i did return back to find my room locked...however sorted out things out n did came to know about my roomies....still remember dat it took 15 mins to break d ice....v had some common treaties...d best thing...d whole of my wing(west) was occupied wid Biharis....so dat 'hum gaurav hai" accent was quite common....roomies were ultra cool...had a gr8 time wid dem in d 1st yr....perhaps d wing was awesome n included all branch toppers...n now somethin which even i had been tryin to forget wid time....i did emerge as d top scorer in my section in 1st sem..plz..it was not a tremendous effort...guess my frens din put enough of effort...lol....
anyways d sgpa which i earned myself in 1st sem got in kind of trouble....lecturers always had high expectation n i kept on ruining dem off...made some gr8 frens in dat yr....owais , vivek....our trilogy was quite famous n v did go to college n come back togethr...another female , megha who went on to become my sis was d topper at d end of the year.....d whole of 1st yr was awesome except a few occasions....got linked up wid a thinnest girl i had ever seen...:) just kiddin...but really it had to do nothin n still rumours kept pourin in...but dats part of college life...u pull oders leg n should be ready for d same...more dan my notorious nature i was known as studious guy wid high notch sgpa's...it was dis marks which earned me a place in d merit list d followin yr....henceforth i never commited dis mistake(seriously it was...!!!) again n d studious guy known was all set to be buried in history book reborn as someone more flambouyant, friendly n i guess featurefull too....:)

1 comment:

anup said...

HEY GAURAV,
this is anup...this is strange bt we do share a lot of things...i'm too from bokaro,i'm too doing biotech engg....n finally i'm appearing for my TCS EXAMS on 2nd may....i'jus wanted to ask youabout the kinda interview turns out to be for biotech ppl goin fr IT comps....so can u plz contact me or may be u could giv me ur phone no. or gmail id or yahoo id.......
my phone no. is 09986210321
gmail id- anup.2111@gmail.com
orkut link- http://www.orkut.com/Home.aspx....
or u jus msg me ur no. i'll call u....
hope u see this comment before my TCS test...
bye