Custom Search

Friday, June 28, 2013

The one with Big eyes !!


Slash and there went a abrasive cut on my chin, courtesy my new 7 o’ clock razor blade. I rushed to put in some after shave lotion. The simmering effect caused by the excruciating pain made me sit down for a minute and wonder why I went on to shave in the first place, that too on a Friday for a night shift. I didn’t scramble hard for an answer as her smiling face made an appearance in my thoughts. In line with our many recent rendezvous , I saw her yet again yesterday while I made my way to my office floor. My heart skipped a moment as I saw her smiling at me. Before I would have sent a smile as a reply to her, I noticed a phone concealed within her strands of hair, and I just escaped making a fool of myself. Though I moved on to my desk, her smile remained inscribed within my memoirs. Later in night, when I described the incident to a colleague of mine, and as I made an effort to make her realize who the girl was, she exclaimed “Oh, the one with big eyes”. And yeah, offlate (couple of weeks), the girl with “big eyes” has been my centre of infatuation.
It all started a few months back, when I looked around the cafeteria. I have a weird habit of looking all around any place which I frequent to, for the reasons best known to my eyes. NO, I don’t always look for pretty young faces, they just happen to come in my line of sight, as I look around. My workplace has a insanely worse sex ratio, and of the sparse female population we do have, half of them are either old enough and the rest are married/not interested types. As I looked around, I looked at this pretty young thing again. She looked unbelievingly young, dressed to kill and had kohl lined, big eyes. Though I didn’t intend to, but I couldn’t help looking at her multiple times. As she was speaking to a colleague of hers and eating at the same time, a few strands of hers caressed her face, which she tried putting back to place with her other hand. I kept watching as she repeated the act many times. The entire incident seemed like a déjà vu moment, picked directly from a cheap Bollywood gimmick, but I was loving it. Wow, I thought as she left the cafeteria with my eyes following her till the exit. Far from being etched, I forgot about the incident the moment I reached my work station.
I saw her again the very next day. I checked my watch to see the time. No it wasn’t the same time when I saw her yesterday, but a sheer co-incidence. My being over optimistic made me believe that maybe I was destined to see her again. Though she faced her back to where I sat, I looked at her lamely. Suddenly she turned back and there was a momentary exchange of glances. Before it could have gone any further, I looked at my colleague and indulged my self in an animatic conversation, which am thankfully good at. I looked again at her from the corner of my eyes and damn, she looked back again.I wondered if I was loud or obscene with the way I looked. Moments later, I got up and went out. “Damn”, I thought. “I was being such a cow”, I said to myself as I run up the stairs to my floor.
Our cosmic connections made me see her again, not in cafeteria, but in the conf. room right next to my cubicle. Though, I was on call with headphones on, I looked right to find her in the conf. room with her team mates. I smiled as somehow, of the 1000 odd employees, we get to be in a common arena at the sametime, and that too in 3 consecutive days. I really wanted to calculate the probability of such a thing happening which by any measures would have been extremely low. While I was still thanking the scheme of things, the presentation displayed in the adjacent conf. room showed the names of people in her team. There were 3 female names, A,P and R(Sorry, can’t take names in my personal blog). I knew she wasn’t a R, she didn’t look like a A either. My gut feeling said she was P. The uniqueness of the advent of this new age technology knows no bound and I explored one of these, when I typed in the name in facebook, filtered it my location and bingo, there she was. She was indeed a P. My believe in destiny and something transpiring among us strengthened.
And this bring me to the present day, when I took to stairs for the next 6 floors, in a small attempt to attain my long lost fitness. As I crawled past the 2nd floor, and gasped for a breath, I looked up. I saw her yet again. My heart skipped a moment as I saw her smiling at me. Before I would have sent a smile as a reply to her, I noticed a phone concealed within her strands of hair, and I just escaped making a fool of myself. Though I moved on to my desk, her smile remained inscribed within my memoirs. And as I write this , I still look forward to our next rendezvous, a silent yet euphoric one(at least from my end) when I get to see that “One with big eyes”.
P.S. Way back in college in 2nd year, a self proclaimed palmist friend of mine had told me that I was a habitual offender, my offense being infatuated by women time and again. I absolutely donot intend to prove this point with the write-up above. The article is more of a perceived fun which somehow distracts me from my other daily monotonous chores of life. I have complete respect for the lady in question above and certainly would not like anyone trying to take any adverse steps towards harming any woman’s integrity and respect.

1 comment:

Anil Sonaji said...

Yeh Kya Ho Raha Hain..
Arey... Yeh Kya Ho Raha Hain..!!

Yeh Kya Ho Raha Hain..
Arey.. Mujhe Patha Kahan Chal Rahan Hain!!