Custom Search

Saturday, December 11, 2010

The Proposal -- part 1

Finally came with an idea and a story after a lull of more than 3 months.My past experiences with writing has taught that while a serious blogger does care about general observations and write-ups, a more-so common reader doesnt give a damn unless it a story cramped with love, romance and some humor.So here it is..would be publishing it in 3 parts or more as am yet to conclude the story.And yet again, it a complete work of fiction, which maynot or may have been inspired in bits from my personal past experiences with life.

The proposal -- part 1

The friendly pat on my back declared her arrival finally.She had been religiously following the gesture of patting me on my back every time she met me right from our school days.Never realized how the tom-boyish friend of mine had transformed in a lovely lady today.She was more than an hour late but barely had the guilt feel on her face.Her flawless smile, the glossy lipstick and the green eyes(I was sure she wore the lenses) made me forget my anger in less than a minute.Gosh..!! how could and how would I vent my anger at her..!!, is what I thought the next moment.I had texted her more than 15 times in the last 1 hr while waiting at the Sahara Mall in Delhi.It was my 3rd visit to the state capital and it was 7 yrs after the last time.My education and work kept me busy deep south and had it been not her would not have visited Delhi in the chilly December.But this time I was on a purpose.The motive was to finally propose her and express my deep seated desire of finally getting in with her.I knew the long distance relation-ship never works, but right now keeping everything aside, I was up for some love and commitments.


It wasn’t my maiden attempt at it.I had made 2 attempts early on in past which had failed miserably.The first time I realized how my feelings for her was when I was down with a quarter of whisky.Sitting among the herd of buddies in 2 nd year at college, it was the 1 st time I consumed alcohol.I was feeling like nausea but had no intentions of throwing up.Alcohol has a weird power of making u feel all alone even when you are sitting in a crowd.And it was she who made the 1 st entry to my lonely sub-consciousness.It was kind of weird as I had lost touch her ever since I passed my 12th Board exams and my career aspirations made me move south.The entire past ,our childhood, the school flashed before my eyes like a 70mm Eastman color movie.


My feelings for her re-surfaced on a quiet afternoon in August, after a hearing a friendly voice on the other side of phone.Yes..!! it was her.She got my number from a common friend and had called me on the 2 nd Sunday of August to wish me a Happy Friendship’s day.I said Happy what…!!.For we guys and in the year 2005, the day had no meaning at all.Yes it was meaningful for those who had in a short span of time befriended hottest assets(read girls) of the college.Its strange how a girl is considered as an asset early on by any random guy, but after a date or two when the hapless guy had to shell out the coffee,shopping and other extravagant bills, the same assets are branded as severe liabilities. She took me off my feet by calling me.I cursed myself for the 1 st few seconds of the talk for not having taken such an initiative.She went to narrate a number of stories and my part of conversation mostly included few ohs,oks and yeah..cool. She showed a mild anger at me for not being in touch for so long and asked me for an explanation.Before I could make any excuse she went on with another not so interesting story of hers.She ..no, I mean we spoke for an hour before she shrieked at the top of her voice that her balance was almost over and she would call me back later.It was hurried hour long talk and a breezy good-bye not before she asked me to promise her to call her back.Unlike other girls she didn’t ask me to call her back as she was out of balance.Lying down on my bunker-bed after the call, I buried myself with these thoughts and blankly stared at the upper bunk.I wondered what this call meant and did it mean an end to my dry and wry bachelor-hood.Before I could envisage my dreams any further, my room-mate played a Himesh reshamiya song and the speakers blared at their utmost volume.Screw you..!! I shouted as hard I could and joined him to see other video songs.

8 comments:

priyanka said...

good work.... but, when are you posting the 2nd part???

Javed said...

I m mesmerized keep writing dude just eagerly waiting for the next part of the story.

U rock man!!!

uttam said...

truly genius!!!

uttam said...

DISHA............ try to fit this name in ur story

Nitesh Kumar Verma said...

Genius, aren't you going to start the second part after you finished those distracting videos on your roommates' laptop??

ablogger_gaurav said...

@Sis,Javed...thanx ppl, the 2nd part is on its way..
@uttam..perfect name..but wud cast it in my next story..and trust me thats on its way..infact its more complete than this one.. :P

@nitesh...ha ha...rite..HR videos can be really dirturbing in addition to distracting.And when i wrote my room-mate playing HR songs, i thot on none other than Uttam Anand..lol

bond0705 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
bond0705 said...

Good one..keep writing...:)